A Woman of Power Maps Her Own Destiny
By: Jewel Ray Chaudhuri, Ph.D. | Posted in: Blog, Destination, Female power, Jumpstart 2017 | Friday, Feb 3, 2017 - 2:21am
Queen Elizabeth was clearly born with her destiny assured. Many of us–not so lucky. Instead, we need to take charge of our own destiny. We can map out and take control of where we’re headed in our careers and in what we want to achieve in our personal lives. We can look at the word “destiny” as meaning ‘fate’ or we can view it in more pragmatic terms as a ‘destination’.
Women of Power see and focus on the destination. They know what they want and focus on the end result as attainable, taking meaningful steps to take them there. Here are some questions to ask yourself in terms of your destination for 2017 and some next actions to get you on your way.
- What is my destination for 2017? Where am I headed and what will it take to get me there? What does my destination look like, sound like, and feel like? What do I see along the way?
- What one step can I take today to get you closer to my destination?
Some Actions You Can Take:
- Make a map or a mind map of your destination. Visualize it. Picture it in your mind and on paper. The more you can see it and yourself arriving there, the more you can achieve getting there. Literally, create a road map for yourself and look at it weekly and daily.
- Ask yourself: what can I do today to get me further on my journey? The action can be small and have major impact in terms of getting you where you need to go.
- Seek the support of others who can serve as advisors, mentors, coaches and teachers. Share your destination and ask them to give you suggestions or feedback to help you get there.
As a way to support you in your journey, I am offering Jumpstart 2017: Make It Your Best Year Ever. Please visit my website: http://jewelraychaudhuri.com/jumpstart-2017-make-it-your-best-year-ever or click here to learn more and to enroll.